Raised Air Beds - The Perfect Temporary Guest Bed Solution
If you're looking for a guest bed that won't take up a whole room when it's not in use, and can be set up in a matter of minutes when you need it, then we can highly recommend that you consider getting yourself a Raised Air Bed.
I first discovered Raised Air Beds when my wife and I were looking for a replacement for an old futon which we used for visitors. There were two problems with this futon - Our guests hated it as it was extremely uncomfortable, and when it wasn't in use it occupied a large amount of space in our spare room leaving what little remained pretty much unusable apart from for storage.
We had been looking for a while before, quite unexpectedly, we came across a video demonstration showing how quick and easy it is to set up a guest bed using a Raised Air Bed. After some thorough research on the subject we decided that it was a viable solution to our guest bed problem and ordered a 24 inch high Queen size which arrived complete with a mattress cover and skirt.
Setting this air bed up was a cinch with its built-in pump. Within five minutes we had a bed ready to be slept in.
To make absolutely certain this bed was the solution we needed for our guests, we slept in it for a full week. It proved to be everything the manufacturer said it was, in fact we were both a little reluctant to return to our own bed as it had proven so comfortable. A couple of weeks later our best friends came to stay with us for a few days so we were eager to get their opinion. Result - They were so impressed that after the very first night they decided to buy one themselves.
So what makes a Raised Air Bed an ideal guest bed solution? To answer that here's a quick run down of the main features and benefits:
- Raised air beds have an elevated sleep surface of between 18 to 24 inches
above floor level, depending on the brand and model, which is about the equivalent height of a traditional bed, this makes it easy to get in and out of and offers a very comfortable nights sleep.
- Easy to inflate and deflate - most raised air beds come with a powerful electric pump which inflates and deflates the bed effortlessly in just a matter of minutes,.
- Many of the more sophisticated models also have adjustable controls,
which allow you to fine-tune the the bed's firmness so that you can make
your bed conform to the needs of your body rather than the other way around.
- These beds are made from a heavy-gauge, durable vinyl which is resistant to punctures and holes. The sleep surface is a soft, velvety, flocked finish or one of the newer sleep surface materials such as pillow top or memory foam that create a soft texture beneath the sheets to enhance the bed's comfort.
- A number of the deluxe models are supplied with a mattress cover for extra comfort and a bed skirt which, when fitted, makes the bed look pretty much like a conventional boxspring and matress.
- Most raised air beds are available in a choice of twin, full and queen and will fit standard sheets for each size, which in most cases can be tucked in just like a normal bed.
- Highly portable - Once you've finished with it you simply deflate your raised air bed, roll ìt up, slide ìt in it's bag and it's ready for storage or transport.
- You can make a guest room from just about any room quickly and easily.
A Raised Air Bed is the perfect addition to any home - the convenience, portability and durability of this type of bed make it ideal for overnight guests, visiting family and friends, vacation homes, dorm rooms or anywhere else you may need an instant, comfortable extra bed and when it's not in use it can be conveniently stored until the next time it is required.
Video: Raised Air Bed Demo
The aim of this website is to provide information on various Raised Air Bed brands and models so that you can make an informed decision when buying your own.
The site navigation is organized by Bed Size (Top menu) and by Brand (Right Column Menu) to make it easier for you to find the perfect raised airbed for your guests.
Check out this article for information how to choose a Raised Airbed which will fit your needs: Guide to Choosing A Raised Air Bed
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
All other trademarks featured are acknowledged as the property of their respective owners.